THRIVE WITH MANGO
As a small team, our daily work is very varied and we are empowered to take ownership of new features from concept to delivery. Our approach is focused around developing re-usable feature modules that play well across our entire Product offering. To share code effectively, we have a number of different multi-package code repositories with supporting tooling to optimise our versioning and development workflow.
A typical Mango product consists of a React.js frontend and Node.js REST API backend, often drawing on supporting Microservices/Cloud infrastructure where appropriate. Our modular approach allows for much of the code within each product to be configuration of existing modules, ensuring we can explore new product ideas without introducing code duplication and additional complexity.
All our code is written in TypeScript, as we find this enables us to produce high-quality, maintainable code which is self-documenting with regards to how feature modules interact with one another. We use Jest to conduct our Unit Testing with Supertest for our API end-to-end testing. We maintain a high test coverage and work in conjunction with our Test Team to give us the confidence to conduct regular builds and deployments via automated CI pipelines.
As an Agile team, we enjoy the fast-paced and iterative nature of our work and take pride in delivering value to our users. We use Google Analytics to understand how our products are being used and these insights feed directly into our backlogs and shape the direction of our development going forwards.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be experienced in the full life cycle of software development and have a track record of delivering all aspects of Software Engineering from concept to delivery.
This includes the following:
- Writing clean, concise, self-documenting code that both you and your team can still understand a year later
- Participating in development, design and architectural sessions and reviews
- Delivering solutions that are modular, scalable and portable
- Championing best practice
- Working in an agile fast paced environment and embrace change
- You’ll actively look to mentor more junior engineers
- You’ll take a holistic view on tasks
- You’ll actively participate in technical decisions using the latest approaches and use cutting edge technologies and technique
- You’ll be a fully engaged, pro-active and collaborative member of the Scrum team
- Assisting the support team in investigating production issues where necessary
- Work with cloud based infrastructure (Google, AWS, and Azure) for hosting data solutions/applications.
Our ideal applicant would have:
- Worked on large-scale web applications
- Experience putting the user at the heart of the development process (Being a user champion!)
- Some exposure to TypeScript (though don’t be put off from applying if you haven’t worked with it before!)
- Some CI/Cloud experience (you’ll likely get hands on with Gitlab Pipelines, Docker and Kubernetes on GCP)
- Worked in cross-functional teams, being comfortable contributing to product decision-making and engineering to meet business goals
- The desire to learn new skills and grow in your career
All team members must have:
- Experience in Agile working
- Experience in Git source control
- The ability to present technical problems to non-technical colleagues
- The ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers in the team
- Strong teamwork ethic
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: 31st July 2020
LOCATION: Bristol / CHIPPENHAM
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Apply below to join the Mango team