The Project Management Office (PMO) is a framework for all stakeholders and project teams to improve the probability of successful project delivery. The focus of the PMO is on Standards, Consistency and Transparency:
- Common processes, tools and information to prevent repeated project management issues
- Establish standardised project management process, reducing upfront costs and time to initiate a project
- Maintain central repository of project management knowledge, best practices, lessons learnt, and resources
- Transparency of progress and status of all projects to all stakeholders
An opportunity has arisen within the PMO for the role of Project Support Officer to assist in the delivery of key data science projects across the business. The position involves providing high level support to the PMO, cross-team communications and administrative support on projects.
This is a UK-based role at Mango Head office in Chippenham.
- Assist with scheduling project resourcing
- Coordinate project teams and communicate with key stakeholders
- Facilitate the development of project schedules and plans
- Generate month-end reports for payroll and billing purposes
- Identify ways in which processes may be improved and put forward proposals for consideration
- Maintain project register and closure outputs
- Manage administrative tasks as and when they arise
- Perform project audits to ensure conformity of processes
- Provide project reports and any other tracking systems as required
- Support the PMO and other team members in the delivery of projects
- Transcribe project interviews and meetings
- Ad hoc distribution of research reports and briefings
As a Project Support Officer you will be an integral part of the project delivery team, participating at every level of operations and expected to learn all facets of delivery, monitoring and evaluation. The Ideal candidate will bring fresh and innovative ideas, exhibit strong communication and problem solving, demonstrate a proven ability to manage and meet deadlines, and be highly detail oriented.
Candidates should be educated to a degree level. Experience working within project teams or an in administrative environment is essential and experience within the area of ICT is desirable. A working knowledge of project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) is highly desirable, while a proficiency in the MS Office suite is essential.
Learning and Development
Mango understands that the development of our workforce is key to delivering excellent services to our customers and is committed to offering development and learning opportunities to all its employees. You will be encouraged to extend your range of skills and knowledge, taking on new responsibilities through our career framework. In addition to on-the-job training you will also be offered the opportunity to pursue professional qualifications to help further your career in project management.
Salary band: £20-25K
To Apply: please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
You should have relevant permissions to work in the UK