We are looking for a forward thinking back-end NodeJS developer to join our team and help drive our business forward. You will enjoy working in an innovative and collaborative environment, be interested in new technologies and influential in delivering work on a mix of internal products and our consultancy projects.
You will be excited by solving complex problems to world-class standards and deliver high performance, resilient and scalable software systems to high profile companies.
Contribute to Mango’s Products
- Implementation of solutions in micro services architecture
- Implementation of Cloud-Native solutions
- Occasional assistance in front-end development tasks
- Writing clean, reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Development of functional solutions in accordance with architecture design and coding standards
- Ensuring that the products adhere to coding standards and best practices
- Collaboration with product owners, testers and other software developers to deliver features and optimise their performance post-release
- Take part in code reviews for other developers
- Communicate progress and issues effectively, to internal team members
- Design and implementation of performant, high-availability, resilient and secure services
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of tools used for data science (e.g. R)
- Mentoring of other team members
- Design, develop and support various web applications and databases
- Some DevOps responsibilities
Help Mango Customers
- Collaborate with data scientists and other data-engineers on data problems, bringing a software development, production perspective
- Work on-site with senior data engineers, scientists and customers to understand their data problems, identify needs and develop solutions;
- Work on data integration solutions using a wide array of technologies and data-sources
- Work with big data components and migration strategies
- Work with cloud based infrastructure (Google, AWS, and Azure) for hosting data solutions/applications.
- Communicate effectively with our clients.
Support Mango’s Sales Team
- Participate in the pre-sale engagement process, by attending client meetings
- Inputting into customer proposals
- Providing accurate estimates during pre-sales process
- Keep up to date with technologies and current trends.
- Willingness to travel, and work at client sites is essential.
- Ability to fly or drive to client sites including international travel.
- Role is based at our Mango Head office in Chippenham.
- Applicants must have the right to work in EU.
- Experience with back-end NodeJS
- Proficiency in Software Design Patterns and OOP
- At least four years experience in software development
- Detailed knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience developing performant, resilient and secure services/functions
- Experience of Databases, both structured and unstructured
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes and how to use them in the context of Node.js and micro-services
- Experience with developing and integrating with RESTful services is a must
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in GitLab CI/CD and/or Jenkins
- Experience of Cloud infrastructure – ideally GCP or AWS
- Experience with TDD
- Experience in estimation methods
- Experience with Agile (Scrum and/or XP) is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to consult – quickly gaining the trust of a client, keeping them involved throughout the project, delivering to their definition of success
- Passionate and self-driven
Nice to have requirements
- Experience of Java
- Experience in requirements elicitation
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000