When you join the Mango team as either a Junior Data Scientist, Data Scientist, Senior Data Scientist, or Principal Data Scientist, you will work across all sectors of industry, applying your knowledge to a variety of business challenges. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals with drive and determination to become part of an innovative and energetic team driving value from customer data.
Help Mango Customers
- Scripting and delivery of technical training
- Development of bespoke data science tools
- Data analysis and model development using the R or Python programming language
- Build analytical ecosystems using technologies such as R, Python, Scala, Spark and Shiny
Support Mango’s Sales Team
- Participate in the pre-sale engagement process, by attending client meetings
- Inputting into customer proposals
- Providing accurate estimates during pre-sales process
Promote Mango Publicly
- Writing blog posts
- Attending conferences
- Maintaining active online profile
- Actively maintain Mango’s public R packages
- Keep up to date with technologies and current trends.
- Willingness to travel, and work at client sites is essential.
- Ability to fly or drive to client sites including international travel.
- Role is based at either Mango Head office in Chippenham or our London Office near Aldgate.
- Applicants must have the right to work in EU.
Candidates should have a BSc or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematical or relevant scientific discipline. A good working knowledge of statistical and/or machine learning / data mining algorithms is essential. Applied industry experience of these algorithms is desirable.
The categories below are taken from Mango’s Data Science Radar. We are looking for candidates that are proficient in each of these but that who can excel in one or more of the categories.
Mango’s training reputation is second to none. A Mango consultant should be comfortable in presenting and training but above all you must be able to empathise with the needs of our customers.
A basic knowledge of one or more SQL variants is a must. Knowledge of distributed file system structures such as HDFS and non-relational query mechanisms such as NoSQL is highly beneficial.
Modelling is a fundamental component of data science. A Mango consultant should be proficient in statistical and/or machine learning approaches. Experience of applying these techniques in a commercial setting is highly desirable.
Modern Data Science is underpinned by the ability to program. You should be familiar with development tools and behaviours such as version control, continuous integration, and unit testing. Experience with bug tracking tools is beneficial. Must be comfortable with R and knowledge of other data science languages and tools such as Python and Scala is highly desirable. Similarly statistical programming languages such as SAS.
A Mango consultant should be familiar with and comfortable discussing the relative merits of a range of analytical technologies. A technologist should understand how analytic ecosystems fit together and be familiar with big data technologies such as Spark. They should have a good understanding of application frameworks, in particular web applications.