When you join the Mango team as a Data Engineer, you will work across all sectors of industry, applying your knowledge to a variety of business challenges. This is a perfect opportunity for individuals with drive and determination to become part of an innovative and energetic team driving value from customer data.
- You have a background in data engineering or a related area
- You have a strong interest and passion for all things data related
- You are comfortable talking with stakeholders and communicating complex solutions clearly and concisely
- You are driven to developing high quality solutions
- You are a motivated, self-learner who can work with a degree of autonomy when needed
Help Mango Customers
- Collaborate with data scientists and other data-engineers on data problems
- Work on-site with senior data engineers, scientists and customers to understand their data problems, identify needs and develop solutions;
- Work on data integration solutions using a wide array of technologies and data-sources
- Work with big data components and migration strategies
- Work with cloud based infrastructure (Google, AWS, and Azure) for hosting data solutions/applications.
- Communicate effectively with our clients.
Support Mango’s Sales Team
- Participate in the pre-sale engagement process, by attending client meetings
- Inputting into customer proposals
- Providing accurate estimates during pre-sales process
Promote Mango Publicly
- Writing blog posts
- Attending conferences
- Maintaining active online profile
- Actively maintain Mango’s public R packages
- Keep up to date with technologies and current trends.
- Willingness to travel, and work at client sites is essential.
- Ability to fly or drive to client sites including international travel.
- Role is based at either Mango Head office in Chippenham or our London Office near Aldgate.
- Applicants must have the right to work in EU.
- Experience developing ETL and data integration solutions
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with a relational database (MySQL, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle etc…)
- Experience with a general purpose programming language, python preferred.
- Experience working with data warehouse solutions, extracting and processing data in various ways using off-the-shelf tools and open-source tools
- Working with Linux or Windows operating systems and version control systems (Git) (3+ years)
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments (GCP / AWS preferred)
- Experience with migrating on premise data stores to cloud based data stores
- Experience with various ETL strategies and architectures
- Experience of data security, data governance and quality assessment
- Building API’s and apps ideally using Python
- Knowledge of Hadoop technology, including Spark
- Experience with non-relational database solution (e.g. MongoDB, Google BigQuery)
- Working with containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc…)
- Knowledge of R and statistical languages
- Experience working in agile teams
|Junior DE||£18,000 – £35,000||£25,000 – £43,000|
|DE||£28,000 – £50,000||£39,000 – £69,000|
|Senior DE||£44,000 – £71,000||£55,000 – £90,000|
|Principal DE||£63,000 – £92,000||£79,000 – £115,000|