With 6 weeks to go until the 2018 London EARL Conference, we can officially announce it will be the biggest and best yet. Launched in 2014, EARL focuses on the commercial use of R, an idea born from our experience of hosting the LondonR user group. Established in 2007, the user group has grown from 25 people meeting in a bar to a membership of well over 2,000, representing an increasingly wide and varied range of industry sectors. Members tell us that it’s the cross-pollination of ideas around R usage that they find so valuable and this provided the inspiration for EARL: a single conference to share ideas, promote R usage and to foster networking and relationships within the R community.
So how do we know this will be our most successful EARL?
- We received three times more abstract submissions this year than we were able to accept
- Registrations for EARL are already higher at this stage than in any previous year
- Delegates already represent over 30 different industry sectors and over 20 countries
- We are thrilled that 20% of registrations to date are from people who have previously attended EARL and a further 30% have registered as a result of a personal recommendation
- We are already receiving emails from people who want to submit an abstract for next year!
If you need any further persuasion to join us at EARL, the following are just a few of the comments from people who attended last year’s conference:
- EARL London has given me things to change TODAY and other things I’ll be thinking about for a long, long time. Definitely a before and after conference!
- The sessions at the EARL Conference tell you why people did what they did as well as how – and that’s rare for a conference these days.
- If you use R in whatever capacity I would heartily recommend attending EARL. The talks cover a wide range of users, but techniques demonstrated can be employed in many different contexts. I have come away fizzing with ideas to use in my own work.
- Fascinating content, great speakers, but also one of the friendliest and most welcoming conferences I’ve been to.
- EARL is the perfect setting to get a good sense of what companies and individuals are working on at the cutting edge of data science, R, and analytics. It’s a must-go if you are an aspiring and ambitious data professional.
For more information on the great workshops, exciting presentations and networking opportunities at EARL London, visit our website.
If you are in the US, we have good news! There are EARL Conferences for you too, as we are bringing EARL to Seattle, Houston and Boston in November 2018.