We’re very excited to announce a new format for the Enterprise Applications of the R Language Conference (EARL) in the US – a three-stop roadshow!
We’ll be visiting three cities to get the conversation going about the commercial usage of R:
- Wednesday 7 November – Seattle, WA
- Friday 8 November – Houston, TX
- Tuesday 13 November – Boston, MA
Why a roadshow?
When we’re talking to EARL delegates, we notice a theme: people are time-poor and can’t travel far, but they prefer to attend conferences as part of their ongoing professional development. By offering three 1-day events in different States, we hope to help as many people as possible find inspiration for solving problems with R in their organisations.
What is EARL?
EARL is a cross-sector conference focusing on the commercial use of the R programming language. The US roadshow will feature three 1-day events dedicated to the real-world usage of R with some of the world’s leading practitioners. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to network with speakers and fellow delegates and enjoy the local sights and culture.
Abstracts are now open!
To help delegates get the most out of the EARL US Roadshow, we’re accepting abstracts for 15-minute and 30-minute talks. You can submit yours here. Abstracts submissions for EARL US Roadshow close on 30 April 2018. Please do get in contact if you have any questions about your topic, submitting abstracts or if you just need some encouragement!
A reminder of the top reasons you should submit an abstract
If you’re ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’, we’ve put together the top seven reasons why you should submit an abstract…
- Our attendees – our audience are amongst the most passionate about R in the world. They come from across the globe to discuss, share and network with their fellow R Users. Our audience are also incredibly friendly, which makes networking fun and easy. You shouldn’t worry about attending solo either because many of our attendees do too.
- The other speakers – hopefully after your talk you’ll be able to catch some of the other presentations. At EARL, speaker slots aren’t sponsored so we’re not charging companies to share their stories. This helps us get fascinating speakers from a huge range of industries and different sized companies.
- Forefront of R usage in business – on the topic of speakers, having so many industries represented means EARL is a great place to get a live snapshot of what’s going on in the industry right now and what trends and technologies are starting to emerge.
- The supportive atmosphere – maybe you think you don’t know enough to present a talk, but it’s not about being the best or knowing the most. People come to EARL to hear from people just like them. They want to hear about the lessons you’ve learnt, your successes, and your mistakes. EARL is about inspiring others to solve problems with R.
- Networking – The post-conference reception is a great opportunity to catch someone you’ve been wanting to talk to or just have a more relaxed discussion over a couple of drinks.
- The range of topics – If you’re unsure if anyone will be interested in your talk, we can promise you that there will be others there who love what you love. Our audience always have plenty of interesting questions to ask no matter what the talk topic is.
- Free conference ticket – speakers at EARL receive a free conference pass.
Tickets will be available soon!
We look forward to reading your abstracts!