We are thrilled to announce the dates for next year’s EARL London: 11-13 September 2018 (make sure you pop these dates in your calendars!).
Call for abstracts
Abstract submissions are now open! We’d love to hear from you if you want to share your R story. Every year, R users from all over the world submit fantastic abstracts around really cool commercial R usage and we want you to be one of them in 2018!
We’re accepting lightning talks…
For 2018, we’re mixing things up and accepting abstracts for lightning talks as well as the usual 30 minute slots. These lightning talk slots are 10 minutes long, so it’s about concentrating the awesomeness of R into a bite-sized chunk.
Seven reasons you should submit an abstract
In case you’re ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’, we’ve put together the top seven reasons why you should submit an abstract…
- Our attendees – our audience are amongst the most passionate about R in the world. They come from across the globe to discuss, share and network with their fellow R Users. Our audience are also incredibly friendly, which makes networking fun and easy. You shouldn’t worry about attending solo either because many of our attendees do too.
- The other speakers – hopefully after your talk you’ll be able to catch some of the other presentations. At EARL, speaker slots aren’t sponsored so we’re not charging companies to share their stories. This helps us get fascinating speakers from a huge range of industries and different sized companies.
- Forefront of R usage in business – On the topic of speakers, having so many industries represented means EARL is a great place to get a live snapshot of what’s going on in the industry right now and what trends and technologies are starting to emerge.
- The supportive atmosphere – maybe you think you don’t know enough to present a talk, but it’s not about being the best or knowing the most. People come to EARL to hear from people just like them. They want to hear about the lessons you’ve learnt, your successes, and your mistakes. EARL is about inspiring others to solve problems with R.
- The evening networking event – We’ve been to HMS Belfast, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and on a cruise down the Thames. We can’t reveal our location for 2018 just yet, but it’s lining up to be another incredible venue. The evening reception is a great opportunity to catch someone you’ve been wanting to talk to or just have a more relaxed discussion over a couple of drinks.
- The range of topics – If you’re unsure if anyone will be interested in your talk, we can promise you that there will be others there that love what you love. Our audience always have plenty of interesting questions to ask no matter what the talk topic is.
- Free conference ticket – speakers at EARL receive a free conference pass for the day they are speaking and the evening networking event.
Abstracts submissions for EARL London close on 31 March 2018. Please do get in contact if you have any questions about your topic, submitting abstracts or if you just need some encouragement!
Tickets will be available in January 2018, so keep your eyes peeled!
We look forward to reading your abstracts!