Abstract submissions for the Enterprise Applications of the R Language Conference are now open! We are back at the Tower Hotel London, from 8-10 September 2020.
If you’re considering submitting an abstract and need a little more persuading, let us give you eight reasons why you should apply to present:
- Networking – EARL attracts over 300 delegates from a huge range of industries. We make sure to provide plenty of opportunities for you to connect with your fellow R users. If that sounds daunting – don’t worry – plenty of delegates attend solo and we are delighted that EARL attracts such a welcoming and friendly crowd. As a speaker, networking will be easier as people will recognise you and have plenty of questions about your session.
- Increase your professional experience – many of our selected speakers have only presented a handful of times, and some never. If you have been aiming to increase your presenting experience, then EARL is the perfect venue. Our audiences are both appreciative and attentive and always have questions to ask – and it’s a great experience to add to your CV.
- Help Others – the R community is well known for being wonderfully inclusive, supportive and generous. So it’s nice to be able to contribute and help others. Presenting on your challenges and your solutions will definitely help others, even if they work in completely different industries.
- Refine your ideas– as we all know, projects don’t always go to plan, by sharing your commercial usage of R you might get advice or tips from the audience to take away.
- Promote you – as a speaker you will get 30 minutes to share your work. EARL can give you a platform to share what you do with people from different industries and varying sizes of company.
- Free Ticket – as a selected speaker you will get a free ticket for the day of your presentation along with a free ticket for our Wednesday night conference networking event*.
- Be the best boss – If you head up a team and encourage a team member to submit a talk, they will enjoy a great conference and return with a sense of pride at having shared your team’s work and inspired by all that they’ve learned.
- Have fun! Sharing your passion for R with a room full of like-minded people makes for a great environment; by sharing what you know you will be starting plenty of conversations. The networking events are a great place to celebrate your presentation and have a good time!
We hope you consider applying to present at this year’s EARL – we look forward to receiving your abstract. You have until 31 March to submit here.
*The free conference networking event ticket is for speakers accepted for a full 30 min presentation slot. Lightning talk speakers will receive a ticket for the conference day of their presentation only.